Nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
July 10, 2014
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK LYNN THOMPSON for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Its purpose is both simple and important.
The contest, if there is a contest, was designed to introduce authors and particularly readers to other authors who are producing some of the finest blogs on the Web today.
In fact, you should first check out the work of Lynn Thompson at htpps://lynnthompsonbookblog.files.wordpress.com
Here are the rules for the contest.
- Thank and link back to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and remember to comment on their blogs to let them know you have nominated them. Also, follow the blogger who nominated you.
- I drink a pot of coffee every morning to jumpstart my heart, then drink a pot of flavored coffee in the afternoon to keep the machinery running. I prefer hazelnut vanilla beans.
- I pull weeds in my yard and my garden for therapy. I would much rather pull weeds than edit words from a manuscript. I went down to the Tyler Rose Garden not long ago and had reached the end of the first long walkway before I realized that I had absentmindedly pulled every weed alongside the sidewalk.
- All I ever wanted to be when I was growing up was a sports writer on a major newspaper, particularly the St. Louis Post Dispatch where I would cover my beloved Cardinals. The best I ever did was writing high school sports for the Gladewater Daily Mirror and Plainview Daily Herald.
- My career ventured into travel when Texas Governor John Connally created the Texas Tourist Develop Agency and hired me to become his first travel flack, grinding out stories about potential vacation destinations in the state.
- I’ve never hunted but have spent a lot of time wandering through the back pastures and high country looking for rocks. In the old days, there were no fences. Park the car, head out, see what you could find, and try to get back before dark. Now there are fences, and people will shoot at you.
- My hobby is wandering the back roads and finding out-of-the-way communities that make up Small Town America. If a building in town has more than two stories, then the hamlet is too large for me. I generally find the oldest man whittling and whistling on the courthouse lawn, sit and talk to him a while. I will surely have another story before I drive out of town.
- I love writing. I hate editing. Unfortunately, one can’t be done right without the other.
NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT PART.
In no particular order, these are my fifteen nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. You need to find them and read their blog posts as well as their novels. You’ll be glad you did. It’s the most important discovery you will make this year.
- Stephen Woodfin: https://calebandlindapirtle.com
- Frank C. Etier: http://etierphotography.blogspot.com/
- Bert Carson: http://www.bert-blogging.com/
- Christina Carson: http://www.christina-carson.com/
- J. E. Fishman: http://bombsquadnyc.com/
- Robert B. Lowe: http://www.robertblowe.com/
- James R. Callan: http://www.jamesrcallan.com/
- Beca Lewis: http://www.becalewis.com/
- Gae-Lynn Woods: http://www.gaelynnwoods.com/
- David R. Stokes: http://davidstokeslive.wordpress.com/
- Darlene Jones: http://emandyves.wordpress.com/
- David L. Atkinson: http://david-latkinson.blogspot.com/
- Jim H. Ainsworth: http://www.jimainsworth.com/
- Emma Calin: http://emmacalin.blogspot.com/
- Claude Nougat: http://claudenougat.blogspot.com/