Safe Heart by Kenra Daniels
A hot read that has plenty of action and a great story line as well. Daniels will keep you turning the pages to find out what happens with the conflicted lovers.
Assigned to rescue a vampire kidnapped by humans determined to exterminate them, a weredragon Enforcer falls in love. Will betrayal keep them apart?
Can the pursuit of true love overcome the fear of society’s rejection and exile? Vampire Jaden Beayer thinks so. When she is kidnapped and tortured by humans, her government sends weredragon Enforcer Kiellen Henley to find her. After her recovery, Jaden convinces Kiellen to help her track down the humans responsible for her torture and exact revenge on them. The problem is, Jaden feels Kiellen is the missing ingredient for her complete recovery. Kiellen believes she has mistaken gratitude for attraction, and despite his overpowering need, he rejects her attempts at seduction.
As they face violence and betrayal from unexpected sources, Jaden’s quest for revenge becomes one for justice. Kiellen’s resistance evolves into acceptance and love. Jaden wants forever with Kiellen, but he’s realistic. They simply can’t be together because they are enemies. Weredragons and vampires have always been at war, and a relationship between Kiellen and Jaden could even endanger the fragile centuries-long truce.
When Jaden is finally safe and Kiellen’s name has been cleared, Kiellen says goodbye, leaving Jaden devastated and himself dangerously heart broken. Will Jaden ever be able to help Kiellen overcome his fears of prejudice and exile, and fulfill their love, making her his forever? Or will their love spark open warfare and send them both to the death penalty?
Review by Twigs:
Weredragons and Vampires have been enemies for centuries. So after the weredragon and Enforcer Kiellen Henley had rescued the vampire being tortured it should be a job considered done right? Not. At. All.
He is drawn to her and cannot comprehend why. Jaden, trying her best to recover and seek revenge, for some reason only finds safety in the weredragon’s arms. A hot read that has plenty of action and a great story line as well. Daniels will keep you turning the pages to find out what happens with the conflicted lovers.
Review by Lady in a Shoe:
Weredragons and Vampires, OH MY. Okay, so we have Jayden, beautiful female vampire, and hot tamale Kiellen who carries a loaded dragon in his bones, fire in his blood…and his…ahem…other parts. Not to worry, nothing little Miss Jaden can’t handle. But wait, Weredragon and Vampire? Is that even legal? Possible? Safe??? I’m giving this story five stars BECAUSE:
1. It had a kick ass opening that kept me riveted way into chapter ELEVEN! Not your ordinary opening, either, but the kind that jumps right into the middle of the shite going down, get the details as you go. My favorite.
2. The writer did such a GREAT job showing the characters. It’s not often where I enjoy reading about characters other than the hero and the heroine, but this lady did an amazing job making all characters count. The villain’s personalities were in your face real and reeeeally creepy.
3. The THIRD PERSON VOICE was like WOW. Am I reading 3rd or 1st? That’s how good she was with the point of view. And I normally don’t care for 3rd pov because it feels too distant and I want to connect. Not only does she connect you, she makes you forget you’re in 3rd, which I found totally awesome.
4. Okay, the intimate scenes…holy bajeezus. I say intimate and not sex because that’s what you get. There’s nothing porny about the sex in this book, it’s SO well done, you’re like sitting there going WOW, blow me away why don’t you. The emotional, the physical, mental, even SPIRITUAL is just a total experience that puts you in a dazed Cheech and Chong “wow man” moment.
5. The PLOT. Nicely pieced together, plenty of shite happening, always a line of tension in the suspense department.
So yeah, those were the things that did it for me, there’s other stuff, but these things are just at the top of my must have list in a story. Loved this book, recommend it totally. LOVE LOVE LOVE the dragon transformations TOO. It’s like you’re reading along and kinda forget this dude is part dragon, then suddenly BOOM the ground heats and trembles beneath his feet, air heats up and SHAZAM he’s a frikn DRAGON! LOL. I found that SO COOL.